How to join up words in excel

I have a slight suspicion that I have written a similar post about this before. But since I could not remember how to carry out this particular task myself without looking it up, I ought to write it into my learning diary again.

To join up two words that are in different cells in Excel, what you do is something similar to this. For example. The word Jon is in cell A1 and the word Smith is in cell A2. To join them and enter into A3 you go to cell A3 and type: =A1&A2


The & sign links the words together.
However, you will notice that there is no gap between the words.
To add a single space, you need to add something in-between. To insert any text in between, you need to use " " around them.

So to add a space in between Jon and Smith you need to add a single space as text. So the formulae should be: =A1&" "&A2

This should give you the correct result.





https://amzn.to/2PsQm7U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IWEB trading platform, service review

Review: Dodl - AJ Bell's User-Friendly Investment App

What Gaming Taught Me About Life