Gratitude Diary Day 8: Predestination

A fun paradox, if you have the stomach for it
I recently watched a movie that, like Midnight Diner, left me pondering on some interesting themes. The movie has a clever plot that challenges traditional science fiction and scientists alike, by dealing with the effects of time travel paradoxes. For some, meeting oneself in the past can be a mindbending enough concept, but encountering multiple versions of oneself in an intertwined and non-linear order can be a bit overwhelming.

Personally, I found the film quite enjoyable. The story was well-crafted with unexpected plot twists that made it fun to watch as an audience. Although it might not appeal to all sci-fi fans or scientists, I found it to be an entertaining and thought-provoking movie.


The concept of 'I'- the self
The concept of self is truly intriguing. Who are we, really? Do we have a solid, unchanging definition of ourselves? As human beings, we are constantly evolving and changing, even at the cellular level. We are never the same person at two different moments in time, as our past experiences shape and transform us.

One fascinating aspect is how quickly we may change when faced with unexpected events, such as a sudden life-altering experience. In such cases, it can feel like we are a completely different person in just a few days, or even a few hours.

But is the concept of 'me' simply a memory? Does each version of me only exist at that particular moment in time?

These questions are explored deeply in the movie, which challenges us to reflect on life itself. Watching it got me thinking about how we define ourselves and how our experiences shape us, and how rapidly our sense of identity can transform.

Overall, this thought-provoking film offers a unique perspective on the complex and ever-changing nature of our being, leaving us to ponder on the meaning of life.

 

Gratitude Diary Day8: I'm filled with gratitude towards the artists, filmmakers, and writers who created all the entertainment that has enriched my life during this lockdown period. Being able to read, think, and watch content that I'm typically too busy for has been a rewarding and fulfilling experience. While many people may be eager to return to normalcy, I consider myself fortunate to have enjoyed this break from the hustle and bustle of modern life.

As I reflect on my daily gratitude diary, I'm grateful for the opportunity to immerse myself in meaningful content that I might have missed in my usual routine.

#GratitudeChallenge #GratitudeDiary #LockdownGratitude


Are you curious about all the hype about AI? Want to write reports and emails more effectively? Try Jasper writing assistant today for free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IWEB trading platform, service review

Review: Dodl - AJ Bell's User-Friendly Investment App

What Gaming Taught Me About Life