Gratitude Diary Day 7: Midnight Diner

Japanese drama

I recently discovered Midnight Diner on Netflix, a Japanese drama with good reviews in Asia and several seasons available. Although I initially disregarded it for its plain and slow-paced appearance compared to other shows, I eventually found that viewing it requires the right reflective and calm mindset, much like sipping a good cup of Japanese tea. #MidnightDiner 


 

Human stories
Human stories form the core of this drama, with each episode featuring a different person's story and a moral waiting to be uncovered. I find the setting particularly fascinating as it features people with different aspirations, social norms, and other cultural aspects that create uniqueness and intrigue. The foreign backdrop further emphasizes characters' emotions, eliminating distractions and arguably makes this drama more engaging.

It is remarkable to see how similar human emotions recur in different times and spaces without exception.

Core values

After watching several episodes, I was moved but could not understand the reason for my strong emotions. However, I finally realized that the simple stories and relatable emotions in the show are anchored on "common core human values," making it so special. Whether it's family, love, friendship, bravery, or kindness, the show reminds us of the most ancient, simple, and profound values that we can all appreciate. Plus, the food looks fantastic!


Gratitude Diary Day 7:
Continuing with my daily gratitude diary.
As I continue my daily gratitude diary, I reflect on the immense value of common core human values and appreciate the opportunity to watch shows that remind us of their importance.

#MidnightDiner #JapaneseDrama #GratitudeDiary #GratitudeChallenge


Are you curious about all the hype about AI? Want to write reports and emails more effectively? Try Jasper writing assistant today for free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IWEB trading platform, service review

Review: Dodl - AJ Bell's User-Friendly Investment App

What Gaming Taught Me About Life