Jam Bluetooth Speaker Connecting Issue

Bluetooth speakers provide convenient portable sound, with quality improving nowadays. However, connection issues remain a common headache for users.


I tried pairing my Bluetooth speaker to my Windows 8.1 computer, but could not get it working despite trying suggested fixes. Windows 8.1 had shaky Bluetooth connectivity in my experience, frequently crashing. So I upgraded to Windows 10, hoping its Bluetooth would prove more stable (see my previous post for how to still get the free upgrade).



Windows 10 Bluetooth was more functional, but still struggled to connect with the speaker after detecting it. After some trial and error, here are the steps that finally allowed pairing:

  1. In Device Manager, uninstall the main Bluetooth device and Intel wireless Bluetooth device, removing their drivers.
  2. Restart the computer.
  3. Download updated Intel Wireless Bluetooth drivers:
  4. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005489/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

After installing, the Bluetooth device reappears in Device Manager.

Try pairing the speaker again (for mine, pressing play initiates detection). The computer should now recognize the speaker and connect.

While not flawless, Windows 10 provided the improved Bluetooth stability needed for a successful pairing. I'm relieved to finally have my wireless speaker functioning smoothly. Hopefully these steps will resolve similar connection issues for other users still clinging to older Windows versions.



Gratitude Diary
Day 28: I am glad the installation went smoothly. I am grateful for all the online forums and many others that post solutions online to help people who may encounter similar situations. I hope this solution worked for you as it did for me. 

#GratitudeDiary #GratitudeChallenge

*********

Do you use wifi in public places or travel abroad often? Do you worry about cyber security? Get added security with a reliable VPN.  Get a reliable VPN today for less than £3/$5 a month. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IWEB trading platform, service review

Review: Dodl - AJ Bell's User-Friendly Investment App

What Gaming Taught Me About Life