Free upgrade to Windows 10

As I mentioned before, I was having some issues with my Windows 8.1 computer, so I looked into upgrading to Windows 10. Microsoft offered free upgrades from Windows 8.1 to 10 a while back, and I was pleased to discover this is still available if you have a genuine Windows 8.1 license. This also applies to Windows 7, so let me know if it works for you too!

It's a smart strategy by Microsoft - improving user experience while reducing the need to support older Windows versions over time. So far I'm very happy with how Windows 10 is running on my machine.

The upgrade process took me just a couple of hours and happened automatically. Just choose "Upgrade this PC" during setup. Hopefully it goes just as smoothly for you like it did for me!

Download the upgrade tool here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10


There are more detailed instructions here, which is what I used:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/you-can-still-upgrade-to-windows-10-for-free-heres-how/

*********

Do you use wifi in public places or travel abroad often? Do you worry about cyber security? Get added security with a reliable VPN.  Get a reliable VPN today for less than £3/$5 a month. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IWEB trading platform, service review

Review: Dodl - AJ Bell's User-Friendly Investment App

What Gaming Taught Me About Life