Fun Code School!

I was introduced to Git recently.  Git is a repository software that people use in the Unix/Linux environment to keep track of file versions as they work on those files. (very handy for recovering files, I wish I knew Git when I was writing my thesis back in school)

I did some quick search online. There are numerous resources introducing Git and its capabilities. One of those sites stood out in particular- called tryGit by Code School.

https://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/1

Code School teaches you how to program by using interactive and fun examples. all self contained within the web browser and does not require you to install any additional software.

This learning by doing approach is very effective. In 15 minutes, I was able to go through the basic Git functions and felt ready to use it right away. And it felt like playing a game!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IWEB trading platform, service review

What Gaming Taught Me About Life

Review: Dodl - AJ Bell's User-Friendly Investment App