Family Criticises Trust Over Death

A sad story on bbc news this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-29243794

This type of poor care really need to stop.
Personally, every time I visit a hospital, I usually have very little confidence in the health professionals other than an experienced doctor. I wonder if it's something to do with the way they interact with patients, because I don't experience similar doubts when I go to see my dentist, who I know is very good and will personally carry out most of the treatment. In a hospital, you are passed from one person to the next and to be honest, I would not hire some of the staffs I have previously interacted with for my own company, let alone trusting them to look after my health. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some truly exceptional nurses, therapists, technicians...etc, but patients should not have to expect anything less or be exposed to accidents as the result of any sub-standard care or poor management.

Despite telling staff that he was allergic to iodine, Peter suffered an adverse reaction when given iodine in preparation for an X-ray.

The exact circumstances of this sad case is still unknown, but I firmly believe that a rigorously run organization will have no room for this type of accidents. After all, there are other jobs in other industries with high stakes and perhaps more accident-prone, and yet kept safely under control and properly managed.

But how do you prevent similar tragedies from happening in the future?

Our condolences goes to this young man's family and friends.
I hope they find justice and that the story will inspire real changes in our hospital trusts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IWEB trading platform, service review

What Gaming Taught Me About Life

Review: Dodl - AJ Bell's User-Friendly Investment App