Needle-free vaccine patch

It was close to midnight when I heard this talk. I was already in bed, just looking for that last inspiration before I fall asleep. By the time the talk finished I realized that I had two lines of tears down my face. How weird, I didn't think my eyes could do that. My subconscious deep within must have worked out what later became apparent (without me realizing): the implications of this invention is going to be HUGE, for millions of lives around the world. One simple talk, and the realization that the stories of those lives will no longer be the same - was it tears of joy for those fellow human beings I wonder.

The talk was interesting. a) I didn't know that needle and syringe was invented more than 160 years ago (and it hasn't changed since then? something is not right here!). b) I didn't know that it was a Scotsman that invented it. c) I never considered that there could be better/painless ways of doing vaccinations.

What is profound about this technology is not just the fact that it is painless, but the method is also more effective for vaccinations. Most importantly of all, the vaccines prepared this way can be kept in dry form, do not require refrigeration, easier to transport, and have much longer expiry dates. If this project goes onto a crowd funding platform, I am going to raise an army of donors to see it fly. 

I hope this is available everywhere soon - I just can't stand needles. Another brilliant example when Medicine meets Engineering. Enjoy.

*********

Monday.com is a powerful and versatile platform that can help you work smarter and improve productivity. You can sign up for a free trial or request a demo to find out more.
#mondaydotcom #ERP #productivity #automate #processes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IWEB trading platform, service review

Review: Dodl - AJ Bell's User-Friendly Investment App

What Gaming Taught Me About Life